Do you want cheaper Foothills Internet? Of course you do, who doesn’t want to save money? Today in this article we are going to talk about the ACP and how you can sign up and save money!
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a government benefit program established by the FCC to ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for important activities like work, school, healthcare, and more. If you are a Foothills Communications Internet user in Magoffin County, you could save money on your monthly bill by applying for the ACP,
How Much Can You Save?
Eligible households can receive a discount of up to $30 per month on their internet service. For households on qualifying Tribal lands, the discount goes up to $75 per month. Moreover, if you qualify for the ACP, you may also get a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if you contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
Who is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
You can be eligible for the ACP if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Additionally, if any member of your household meets at least one of the following criteria, you can also qualify:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
- Participates in assistance programs like Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program, SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Housing Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), WIC, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, or Lifeline.
- Participates in assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands.
How to Enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program?
Enrolling in the ACP is easy and involves two simple steps:
- Go to GetInternet.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact Foothills Communications to select a plan and apply the ACP discount to your bill. You can also visit https://foothills.net/acp after you have been verified and fill out the form! PLEASE do this first, Foothills cannot fill out any of this information for you, after you have submitted everything then you can contact foothills to apply the discount to your bill.
If you need assistance filling out the form please call ACP Support and NOT Foothills.
- Call1 (877) 384-2575 or email us at ACPSupport@usac.org. Open 7 days a week between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET.
- Instructions to complete the Affordable Connectivity Program application online are available in English and 9 other languages.
Remember, eligible households must both apply for the program and contact Foothills afterwards to select a service plan.
Consumer Protections of the ACP
The FCC has implemented rules to protect consumers who benefit from the Affordable Connectivity Program. Some key protections include:
- Freedom to choose the service plan that best suits your needs, even if you are already on a plan.
- Access to supported broadband services, regardless of your credit status.
- Prohibition of providers from excluding consumers with past due balances or prior debt from enrolling in the program.
- Protection against being forced into more expensive or lower-quality plans to receive the ACP.
- Exemption from early termination fees.
- Reduced risk of bill shock or other financial harms.
- Ability to switch providers or broadband service offerings.
- A dedicated FCC process for handling ACP-related complaints.
Don’t Miss Out on the ACP Benefits!
If you are a Foothills Communications Internet user in Magoffin County and meet the eligibility criteria, don’t hesitate to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. It’s an excellent opportunity to save money on your internet bill and stay connected for work, education, healthcare, and more. Enroll today and take advantage of this valuable program!
If you would like to have your business or community event promoted, be sure to check out our about page and learn how to contact us directly!